Want to try an escape room without all the stress? Try a math mystery, perfect for math enrichment! Get your students engaged in solving collaborative math challenges while practicing important first and second grade skills including number sense, addition facts, subtraction facts, place value, time, money, and so much more!
This BUNDLE includes digital (Google Slides & Seesaw) and printable math practice that is perfect for 1st grade & 2nd grade students!
Each math resource in this bundle contains a mystery for students to solve. Each mystery gives a short scenario, suspects, clues, and math challenges. Students solve various differentiated math challenges to earn clues. Each math challenge comes in THREE levels so you can easily differentiate for your students! Once students have completed all of the math challenges, they can solve the mystery!
How Can I Use This Resource?
Whether you’re teaching in the classroom or teaching virtually, I’ve got you covered! For teachers in the classroom, everything can be easily printed and assigned to students. I’ve included black & white ink friendly options, too. For teachers teaching virtually, this resource has also been converted to Google Slides and Seesaw, so you can assign everything remotely!
How Long Does It Take To Complete A Math Mystery?
I suggest using this resource over the course of one week. This will give your students with Monday through Thursday to complete all challenges (one to two per day), and then on Friday students can sift through the clues to solve the mystery. If you have time or want to plan an extra engaging day, you could also make an entire morning and/or afternoon of the whole thing and do it all at once! *Please note that doing the entire mystery in one day will take more than you probably have allotted during your math time!
The following TEN mysteries are included in this bundle:
- Back to School Math Mystery: The Case of the Mystery Teacher
- Addition Math Mystery: The Case of the Hungry Zoo Animal
- Subtraction Math Mystery: The Case of the Missing S’mores
- Multiplication Math Mystery: The Case of the Dog Show Mix Up
- End of Year Math Mystery: The Case of the End of the Year Party
- Place Value Math Mystery: The Case of the New Family Pet
- Addition Facts Math Mystery: The Case of the Food Truck Surprise
- Subtraction Facts Math Mystery: The Case of the Stolen Tennis Balls
- Time Math Mystery: The Case of the Confusing Vacation
- Counting Coins Math Mystery: The Case of Carl the Circus Clown
© Simply Creative Teaching