Teach 2-digit and 3-digit addition with regrouping using strategies like decomposing numbers, adding on a number line, or using base ten blocks. These worksheets, posters, math centers, activities, and games are designed for students to learn to add using a variety of strategies.
This resource is designed to help you teach strategies BEYOND the standard algorithm!
- Base Ten Betsy – using base 10 blocks or models to add
- Number Line Niles – add using an open number line
- Break it Down Daisy – decompose numbers into expanded form to add
- Compensation Cody – make a friendly number (10, 20, 100, 200, etc.) to make adding easier
- Add in Chunks Abby – decompose one number and add it in chunks
- Algorithm Alex – line up numbers vertically to add
- Hundreds Chart Harriet – *2-digit addition only*
Activities that go with the addition strategies:
- Strategy Posters (2-digit & 3-digit versions)
- Mini-Lesson Ideas
- Base Ten Addition Center
- Number Line Addition Center
- Break It Down Addition Center
- Compensation Center
- Add in Chunks Center
- Algorithm Center
- Hundreds Chart Addition Center
- Strategy Task Cards
- Strategy Practice Worksheets
- Extra Resources (Blank posters, reference charts, etc.)
>>> Be sure to take a detailed look by clicking on the preview!