Gingerbread classroom activities are so much fun during the month of December! There’s something festive about thematic gingerbread activities, so today I’m providing a list of 5 fun gingerbread activities you can enjoy with your students.
5 Gingerbread Classroom Activities
1. Gingerbread Math Games: These no prep games are so much fun to play! Whether you host a gingerbread day/week or not, students love these partner games. You can easily print these games to add to your December math tubs.
2. Gingerbread Sight Word Games: Make custom gingerbread sight word centers in a snap! These editable sight word games are worksheet-free and allow you to type any words you want. Your words will autofill into these gingerbread-themed game boards!
3. Make Gingerbread Play Dough: When it comes to gingerbread classroom activities, making play dough is always a favorite! Plus, get ready for your classroom to smell like Mrs. Claus’s kitchen with this play dough recipe! Before making gingerbread play dough, practice reading a recipe and answering the corresponding comprehension questions. When you’re ready, make this incredible-smelling play dough with your class! This is a great activity to do when you have an extra adult in the room to help!
get the free recipe + questions
4. Baking Up Sentences: Students can always use extra practice with writing and building complete, detailed sentences. Let your students build festive holiday-themed complete sentences in this activity!
5. Compare & Contrast Gingerbread Stories: I love teaching compare and contrast with different versions of stories, so you’ll definitely want to check out these gingerbread stories! *All book links are Amazon affiliate links.
Shop These December Classroom Activities
Click on any of the December or Christmas-themed resources below!